Some attractions subject to closure or limited entrance due to COVID-19. Please check before visiting.
KOREA TOUR CARD
KOREA TOUR CARD is a useful transportation and travel card exclusive to international tourists. The card provides convenient access to public transportation anywhere in Korea. KOREA TOUR CARD also provides discount benefits at popular attractions such as National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul, Everland, and Lotte World. The card can be purchased online or at offline stores. A mobile app version of the card is also available and can be used on devices that support NFC function to pay for services and purchase goods. The mobile app allows convenient access to all the benefits of the KOREA TOUR CARD without the hassle of carrying a physical card in your wallet.
4,000 won (card is not loaded upon purchase)
* Cash only
• For online purchase, check the Korea Tour Card website for detailed information
• Card vending machines at major Seoul subway stations from Line 1 to 4 and at Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station, Gimpo International Airport Station, and Seoul Station on Airport Railroad Line
• Convenience stores: 7-Eleven, CU, GS25, emart24 (card may not be available in all stores)
• In-flight purchase: Jeju Airlines (40 international flights stopping at Incheon or Busan)
• Affiliated banks within airports: Shinhan Bank (Incheon International Airport branch, exchange booths near Boarding Gate C in Terminal 1 & Gate A in Terminal 2, Gimpo International Airport, Jeju International Airport) / Woori Bank exchange booths (Incheon International Airport near Exit Gates 4 & 9 in Terminal 1 & and Exit Gate 5 in Terminal 2)
• Other locations: Shinhan Bank (Myeong-dong Station Branch, Myeong-dong Branch, Hongik Univ. Branch)
Reload & refund locations
Convenience stores and Tmoney service desks at subway stations (Seoul Subway Lines 1-8, Incheon Subway Lines 1-2)
* Cards can also be reloaded using the card reloading devices inside subway stations.
* Upon refund, travelers can receive the remaining balance loaded in the card with a service charge of 500 won; card purchase payment will not be refunded. Cardholders are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast
The KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast comes with special privileges that are unique to the Namhaean (southern coast) regions of Busan, Gyeongsangnam-do, and Jeollanam-do. KOREA TOUR CARD Namhaean Coast cardholders will not only be eligible for 160 various benefits of a regular KOREA TOUR CARD, but as of September 2021, it will also be rewarded with 39 exclusive special benefits only available in the southern coast regions.
www.koreatourcard.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Metropolitan Pass, or MPASS, is a transportation card exclusively for international tourists traveling in the Seoul metropolitan area and Jeju. The pass offers 20 rides a day for the duration of the pass. Additional funds can be loaded to MPASS to be used as a Tmoney card.
* Please note that MPASS cannot be used to pay for taxis and may not be accepted at convenience stores.
Card Types and Pricelist
MPASS comes in five different durations: 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, 5-day, and 7-day passes. MPASS will be registered as day one upon its first use and will be valid until midnight of the last day. MPASS can be purchased with Korean won only.
|Card Duration||Price||Discounted price (after 17:00)|
|1-day pass||15,000 won||12,000 won|
|2-day pass||23,000 won||20,000 won|
|3-day pass||30,500 won||27,500 won|
|5-day pass||47,500 won||44,500 won|
|7-day pass||64,500 won||61,500 won|
Areas of use
Subway lines, airport railroad all-stop train, Seoul city buses (mainline buses, branch buses, circulation buses, village buses, night buses), Jeju city buses
Retail & refund locations
Travelers can purchase or receive card refunds from the areas listed below. Refund applies to the card fee and remaining balance loaded in the card; 500 won will be charged for the refund service.
* MPASS prices include a 5,000 won deposit. When the card is returned, users will receive a 4,500 won refund.
Incheon International Airport
- Tourist Information Center: 1F, Passenger Terminal 1 in front of Gates 5 & 10 / 07:00-22:00
* Refunds at the airport can only be made at the Tourist Information Center.
- Seoul Station Tmoney Town : 1F, Seoul City Tower near Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, 4, AREX), Exit 10 / Weekdays 09:00-18:00
- Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center: In front of Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5 / 09:00-20:00, Closed on the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
Jeju International Airport
- Tourist Information Center: 1F, Gate 1 / 07:00-22:00
tmoneympass.co.kr (Korean, English)
Discover Seoul Pass
Discover Seoul Pass is a card that functions as a Tmoney card and a free admission pass to major tourist attractions in Seoul. The card is available in 24-, 48-, and 72-hour passes, allowing travelers to freely choose and use the card that suits their itinerary. The card also provides discount benefits for watching cultural performances and shopping at duty free shops. In addition, users can load the card to use as a Tmoney card for public transportation. Travelers can check the card’s remaining hours and affiliated attractions by using the Discover Seoul Pass app.
The app also allows for use as a mobile pass! Travelers can conveniently purchase the pass through their phone to use right away. Additional benefits include 24-hour use of the Seoul city’s public bicycles, a ride on the Airport Express Train from Incheon to Seoul, and a one-day tour on the Seoul City Tour Bus.
* Cardholders with a physical card can only use the app to check the remaining time and information about tourist attractions.
24-hour pass 39,900 won / 48-hour pass 55,000 won / 72-hour pass 70,000 won
* Same rates apply when purchasing as a mobile pass.
* Mobile pass cannot be used as a Tmoney card
• Offline: Select attractions and hotels within Seoul, airports and AREX locations
* Locations subject to change; refer to website for details
• Online: Through Discovery Seoul Pass website
Pick-up locations for online purchase
• Print or take a screenshot of a voucher received via e-mail or mobile and bring it to the pick-up location
• Pick-up locations
- Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center: 09:00-18:00, Closed Sundays and on the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
- SK Roaming Center, Incheon International Airport Terminal 1, 1F between Exit Gates 9 & 10 / 06:00-22:00
- East Immigration Office, Incheon International Airport Terminal 2, 2F / Open 24 hours
- Seoul Tourism Plaza Tourist Information Souvenir Shop / 09:00-18:00
Reload & refund locations
• Tmoney Card function reload locations: Convenience stores and card reload devices or Tmoney service desks at subway stations
• Tmoney Card refund locations
- Balance of 30,000 won or less: Convenience stores and Tmoney service desks at subway stations
- Balance of 50,000 won or less: Tmoney service desks at subway stations
* Tmoney service desks can be found on Seoul Subway Lines 1-8 and Incheon Subway Lines 1-2
* Refund available with a service charge of 500 won. Travelers are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
* Refund not available in the case of lost cards
Download Discover Seoul Pass app from Google Play or Apple App Store → Scan the QR code or input the code indicated under the QR code on your Discover Seoul Pass card → Your card and the app will be in sync
* App is available in Korean, English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese based on the user's phone language setting
Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace Complex, Deoksugung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, Seodaemun Prison History Museum, Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul (MMCA Seoul), Namsan Seoul Tower, Seoul Battleship Park, Namsangol Hanok Village, COEX Aquarium, etc.
discoverseoulpass.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
This page was last updated on September 10, 2021, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.